Auteur 'Peer Observation'

    Auteur - Peer Observation

Lewis observed my presentation on David Fincher. Throughout my presentation Lewis made notes on what he learnt and what could improve my presentation.

Lewis learnt about my director as well as the auteur theory.Lewis learnt that my director uses CGI, low angles, fluid tracking, flashbacks, also Fincher's films often end with suicide either successful or attempted. Lewis learnt that the word auteur is french for author. 

On the observation sheet there were questions on the presentation as a whole. Was the presentation well-constructed and informative? Lewis wrote: yes, explained every point with examples. 
Did the presentation make good use of visuals? How? Lewis wrote: used film clips to illustrate points. 
Was the analysis of film clips detailed enough? Lewis wrote: Yes, explained clips and their relavence to points.
Did the presentation contain sufficient use of 'film language'? Lewis wrote: yes, used tenchical language. 

Next was what could be improved, personally this is more important as if i was to do a presentation again I'll be able to use the improvements to help my presentation convey more information to the observer. Lewis stared that to improve my presentation, i need to :
  • Bullet point my information.
  • Give overviews
  • Summerise
The improvements suggested by Lewis is helpful and i can see where i needed but those improvements into my presentation. 
 

Comments

Popular Posts